01
Our Mission : Aviation pictures the world needs to see. And some other stuff too.

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Name That Airport

'Hoping one of our sharp readers will know this one !

We took the picture, but don't remember ...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

UPDATE 2/9/13 :

We figured it out.

No, we didn't suddenly remember.

We got it by systematically eliminating qualifying airports.

Hint: Just as you thought, the ICAO airport code begins with, "K."

Hint: There is a topographical peculiarity to this airport that is disguised by the angle of the photo creating an optical illusion.

Good Luck.

UPDATE 2/10/13

Congratulations to AA278 who was first to identify this airport !

You can find out where is is by clicking : HERE


3 comments:

  1. OK, this is driving me crazy! As for the illusion, I'm guessing that the town is in a valley and the airport sits on a mesa. I've been googling everything between MSP and SEA but haven't come up with anything yet. If I can't sleep tonight, it's your fault :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand your pain.

    It was agonizing for me knowing I was there.

    But I assure you that once you find it, the "Aha!" moment is wonderful!

    By the way, we came across a control tower in China that looks very similar to this one, but that's not it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Billings, MT (KBIL)? Disregard what I said about the valley and mesa.

    ReplyDelete