01
Our Mission : Aviation pictures the world needs to see. And some other stuff too.

Friday, December 21, 2012

Apocalypse 12/21/12

***Airplane Life Classics***

The sun is now setting on Planet Earth's short era of Human civilization.

Soon we will all be vaporized into the same cosmic dust from whence we came.


I sit before this old computer one last time, and wonder how my grandfather must have felt when he made the very first Airplane Life post on the internet back in 1964. 

Regrets? Sure.

I regret not drinking those last few bottles of Scotch. We just dumped them down the toilet rather than allow them to be enjoyed by the Martians, Giant Nuclear Cockroaches, or whomever it is that inherits this place.


And so it goes ... See you in oblivia ~

4 comments:

  1. You could have at least sent me your Scotch.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's December 22nd in Japan as I write this. You're going to be sorry you dumped that Scotch... :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got 50 year old Old Grandad from my dads liquor closet. It'll be close to 75 when I give it to my kid.
    And the world couldn't end. It's my wedding anniversary and I had to go watch airplanes land and take off at LAX. It's a tradition if we're in town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our warmest congratulations on your wedding anniversary, amulbunny! We love your LAX tradition! Oh, and make sure Grandad is kept vertically; storing scotch bottles sideways does crazy things to the cork ..

      Delete